Monday, July 12, 2010

Money Mondays...."but it was on sale"


I've been there looking at the sales rack thinking 'it is only two dollars...that is a really good deal.' However, this can also be a problem. I have to keep reminding myself just because it is on sale doesn't mean I should buy it. I was looking through the newspaper ads on Sunday. It is easy to fall in the trap of buying stuff just because it is on sale. Yes, you are saving money....but at the same time you maybe wasting money. I was looking at coupons for a certain cleaning product that I never buy....I don't really like the product. There was a coupon for $2 off...I started to reconsider the product. Chances are I would buy the product, use the coupon, try the product, then leave it sitting in my cleaning closet until I eventually threw it away. So yes, I saved $2...but wasted money at the same time. I am finding this out in other areas of shopping....especially kid's stuff. Mason has plenty of summer clothes....honestly, way more than he needs. However, it is hard to pass up an entire new outfit for a couple bucks....or a really cool toy I find on Craigslist. It's like having 10 dollars and walking down the dollar aisle...sure you can buy more stuff, but the question is do you need that stuff?


No comments:

Post a Comment