Monday, July 5, 2010

the WANT continues....

Do you ever find yourself happy in the moment.
Just content.
Then you look around.
She has that. He bought what. They went where.
I want. I want.
 Why can't I have that? Why can't we go there?
Not happy. Not content.
Today was one of those days.
It hadn't been a bad weekend, but it just hadn't been a perfect weekend.
It rained for the Fourth of July. I just wanted Mason to see one firework. He was so tired so I put him to bed....then the rain stopped...the fireworks started. I could go on and on about the little things that just didn't work out this weekend. Tonight, I heard my phone beep which meant I had an email. I was reading a devotion that was sent to me. I began to think about the devotion and my weekend. I just felt so....what's the word...silly, childish, ya know one of those I can't believe I was thinking/acting like that moments. See I look at pictures on Facebook or read other blogs.....I begin to "compare" my life. I begin to look at all the negative parts. I begin to think about all the stuff I need to do tomorrow. I dread doing all the laundry. I dread cleaning the shower.
BUT someone out there is WANTING to do laundry for their own child.
Someone is WANTING a shower to clean at their own house.
Someone is WANTING to spend all day with their kid.
Someone is WANTING the rain.
Someone is WANTING what I have while I am wishing for something better.



"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out." 1 Timothy 6:6-7

"In every thing give thanks..." 1 Thessalonians 5:18


No comments:

Post a Comment