Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Books.

I love children's books. Most of the time the books are expensive. I keep books laying around for Mason to play with, and when he picks one up I read it to him. Plus I try to read to him other times. Yesterday, I went to Manhattan, Kansas with Heath for a meeting. I walked around the mall with Mason while Heath was at the meeting. There was a bookstore in the mall, so I went in to look around. The bookstore had great prices on books for Mason in the bargain section. I don't want to spend a ton on books...Mason likes to chew, tear pages, and just drop the books as he is walking. I was super excited about  finding the "Wee Sing book and CD collection." I had this book and cassette tapes (sounds werid, huh?) when I was little and I loved it.

I purchased 5 Number books with stacking blocks, ABC learning center with 8 books, Learn the 50 States Book for when he is older, 2 Finger Puppet books, and the (4)Wee Sing books with 4 CDs. Total of  20 books, 4 CDs and stacking blocks....for $35.44! Little things like this make me sooo happy.
...and I did not purchase anything else at the Mall!

Lesson: Shop around before buying anything. ALWAYS CHECK THE SALE RACKS.

1 comment:

  1. Books are sooo important!!! I believe one of the best things you can do is read to your children. We are blessed in TN to be a part of the Dolly Parton Imagination Library which sends each child one book a month until age 5! Now I have 2 children signed up so we get two a month. If you are in another state you might want to check into this, your state may have a similar program. Also, we have numerous used book stores in our area...the children's books are usually very inexpensive. Blake is now 3 1/2 and just about the only time he sits still is to read, he loves it. We read one chapter from Proverbs at breakfast every morning (the chapter corresponds with whatever date it is). Then we talk about which words "stand out" to him...now he even asks us what stands out to us! A friend of mine did something fun for her children's bday parties, on the invitation she wrote "in lieu of a card please use a book". The love of reading is a wonderful gift to give a child!

    ReplyDelete