Sunday, May 23, 2010

recipe book.

I have tons of recipe magazines. I would just find myself making the same meals because I didn't want to spend the time going through every magazine. I kept trying to figure out something to do with all the magazines....a basket? a rack? just pile them on a shelf? but nothing was really organized. I saw on the Internet some lady made a recipe book with a 3 ring binder and clear sleeves. It was a cute idea, but I didn't want to spend the time gluing or taping all the recipes on paper. As I am cleaning out the basement, I am finding more stuff to use for other projects. It is exciting, making a lot of stuff without spending any money! :)
Here is my new recipe book! Ah, the little things in life that make me happy!!

One pile of my magazines. Who wants to go through all those every time you cook??
I found picture albums that I wasn't using...I have two of these picture albums. So my idea was to make two recipe books...one with all dinner recipes (meats, pasta, soups, casserole) and the other recipe book for bread, breakfast, side dishes, desserts, and anything else!
I like using the picture albums because...
-I am a visual person..I don't have to dig through
papers for a recipe.
-The recipes slide in the pockets so they can be easily removed. I'm sure I will find new recipes and then get rid of some old recipes.
-Index cards fit great in the pockets.
This is very organized which makes my life soo much easier. I already used two recipes last night for dinner!
I went through all the magazines...which really didn't take much time...I cut out all the recipes I wanted. Then Heath went through and picked out a couple more recipes that he wanted. So I am cooking things he likes too.

This picture keeps uploading upside down...but you get the idea.

I did keep three magazines that are a 'collection of best recipes.'
Instead of having like 20 magazines, I now have two recipe books all organized. If I need a recipe for chicken, I can just flip to the chicken section...and pick out one.

No comments:

Post a Comment