Monday, May 10, 2010

Need vs. Want

This is the ongoing battle. Today we use the word "need" for things we really don't need. We want a lot of stuff. We feel that we have to have everything. One goal I have is realizing what we can actually live without. Dave Ramsey has a quote "Live like no one else, so one day you can live like no one else!" Today, we have the mentality to get everything NOW. My husband and I were married two years ago today. (YAY!) As a newly married couple, there is the pressure to have everything that our parents have worked many years for. Most of the people our age already have better houses than my parents...you ask them how they are paying for it...and they really don't know. I don't want to live in the stress of how am I going to pay for the TV, cars, chairs, video games, trips, etc. that are maxing out all the credit cards possible. I don't think it is suppose to be that way. I don't think God wanted it to be that way. "The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender." Proverbs 22:7 Money is considered to be the top stressor in America. I don't want to add more stress to just everyday life...so I'm trying to change the mindset my family has. Rethink what is important. Get back to the basics. Think about our financial plans for the future. Learn what I can live without. Spend more time with my child instead of just buying him toys. Enjoy Easy Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment